03-21-2014, 03:04 PM
http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/4379392482.html

Chris Elzie
03-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Sorry hit the wrong forum button

Ken Novak
03-21-2014, 03:51 PM
http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/4379392482.html

Really neat car, LOADED with equipment.Must be saved.

Mark Van Arnam
03-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Have never seen a 71 "Supiorer" with 7.2 million miles....

Kurt Arends
03-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Where is Kyle Martin? Several good deals like this one show up and he is nowhere to be found??

Doug Lemon
03-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Need I remind you,,deals like this are for the QUICK or the dead!

Rick Franklin
03-21-2014, 09:25 PM
NY plates on the car, "Stony Point" on the roof sign indicates its from Rockland County NY, approx 25 northwest of NYC, just below West Point Military Academy.

James Fischer
03-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Where is Kyle Martin? Several good deals like this one show up and he is nowhere to be found??

Kyle has been informed about it....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kyle Martin
03-21-2014, 09:50 PM
talked to seller. nice guy. will not sell to anyone not going to restore car. no death wish car in other words. he stated brian whelan just got off phone with him and is coming this weekend. he knows to call me as 2nd shot as he is keeping his word. good man. its not easy when you are 1000 miles away. he also said car would need total resto. gas tank, rockers, quarters and all trim rechromed or polished. hasnt run in 2 plus years. floorboards gone. but all there...he said he was in the squad in nj.

Kurt Arends
03-21-2014, 10:49 PM
Odd to see the pair of roof-mounted spot lights. I can't say that I like those. Definitely a car that deserves a quality restoration.

It amazes me to see so many high top ambulances from the '70s that did not have rear A.C.

Kurt Arends
03-21-2014, 10:58 PM
It appears that this one never had curtains, just roller shades. I think that this is the first Superior ambulance that I have seen from the '70s with the optional roller shades. Is the squad bench somewhat unusual in a 51" ambulance?

Steve Loftin
03-21-2014, 11:14 PM
It amazes me to see so many high top ambulances from the '70s that did not have rear A.C.

In the fourth photo, what appear to be (round) A/C vents are on the top rear of the curbside wheelhouse.

James Fischer
03-21-2014, 11:56 PM
It appears that this one never had curtains, just roller shades. I think that this is the first Superior ambulance that I have seen from the '70s with the optional roller shades. Is the squad bench somewhat unusual in a 51" ambulance?

My 70 51" has roller shades.....and they are a pain to replace,and/or find parts for !:cool:

Kurt Arends
03-22-2014, 12:04 AM
In the fourth photo, what appear to be (round) A/C vents are on the top rear of the curbside wheelhouse.

Wasn't the rear A.C. on all '71-'76 Superiors in the upper cabinet on the passenger side?

Steve Loftin
03-22-2014, 12:13 AM
Wasn't the rear A.C. on all '71-'76 Superiors in the upper cabinet on the passenger side?

Wheelhouse mounting was a fairly common option.

Brian Whelan
03-22-2014, 12:16 AM
YES KYLE DID CALL,BUT I CALLED FIRST,I HOPE KYLE GETS IT,I NEVER BID,I WANT HIM TO GET IT,KYLE IS GOOD PEOPLE,AND TOLD THE OWNER HE WILL RESTORE,IM WRIGHT I HOPE,KYLE THIS MEANS YOU CANT FLIP THIS CAR YOU HAVE TO LOVE FOR A WHILE BEFORE YOU DUMP HER,YOUR FRIEND BRIAN,KYLE THIS LOOKS GOOD JUMP FAST I THINK YOU WILL BE HAPPY,4,500.00 IS THE MAGIC # NO LESS,WHAT DOES EVERYBODY THINK BRIAN:):):):applause:

Brian Whelan
03-22-2014, 12:20 AM
how do i post in wrong place this is about the 1971 in tampa please help fix,thanks brian:o:o

Brian Whelan
03-22-2014, 12:47 AM
Kyle call me tommorow,have your# got to look for it your friend brian 917-499-9994 this is you,grab it :):):):)

Kyle Martin
03-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Kyle call me tommorow,have your# got to look for it your friend brian 917-499-9994 this is you,grab it :):):):)
talked to brian this am. car is worth the money but still a 2 to 3 yr. full resto. car needs everything. floors, quarters, fenders, gas tanketc... after talking to the owner and brian(gooood people) im passing. more than i want to do, as it would just sit in a corner waiting along with all my other could not live without projects. brian knows i want his 70. selling coke bottles and saving my nickels and dimes.
this car is worth the money and the owner said no cheaper but id bet it could be had for a little cheaper. been sitting under a carport for 2 plus years so its had some protection but it came from salty new york so there is the salt and rust. thanks kurt and brian but more than i want to do. now if it was a 50 60;s ambulance it would be diffrent but its not. be better off with one done or close. thats my thinking anyway.

Dave Ware
03-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Odd to see the pair of roof-mounted spot lights. I can't say that I like those. Definitely a car that deserves a quality restoration.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/northgahearse2/1975%20pontiac%20hi%20top/DSC04509_zps379159f8.jpg

They made a few like that I have gotten to like them up high like that.

Website Administration Committee
03-30-2014, 02:55 PM
Posts to this thread have been deleted. It is the opinion of the Website Administration Committee that one of the deleted posts in this thread is consistent the definition of "trolling". This is the final warning to all members that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. Next time, the offenders will have their accounts permanently banned. This action will be taken for the benefit of all website members, to maintain harmony and fellowship.

TROLLS!

A troll is a person who posts something which is bound to stir people up and then sits back and watches as dozens of people jump in and start arguing. Sometimes trolls get their friends to join in or post under different names. Generally they will do anything it takes to get attention. If you see a message like this, please refrain from replying to it, and REPORT it!

Trolls are sometimes deceitful and may be very subtle in insulting, intimidating, or inciting a person or persons for their own sadistic pleasure. They often pick their words very carefully and are therefore able to defend their masked attempts at creating unrest, often redirecting the blame onto the forum community and its failure to understand them properly.

Also considered to be Trolling:

Running a topic into the ground incessantly, as in “beating a dead horse”, and or dragging up an argument long after the original discussion has been put to rest.

Kerry Bogard
04-13-2014, 02:42 PM
I spoke to this fellow at length. He is very nice and apparently honest as he revealed most of the flaws but, the car is the typical salt-on-the-road pro-car. Doesn't run, rear bumper rust, MULTIPLE layers of paint Big-time body rust pulls this car off the shelf but, def. worthy a FULL restoration as it's at least a hi-top and complete down to nearly every cabinet /floor filled with ems goods. FYI: Having lived in FL. since 1957 anything that sits in a car port very long will be Mildew & Mold City. Even at 4500 there are better coaches out there for more money once you compute the comprehensive, costly restoration effort. Paint has gone WAY up recently and sometimes you're much better off spending more $$ upfront then trying to do a complete restoration on one of these old girls. I am looking for a vintage Ambulance /Hearse for display in the Museum and the Pontiac in Miami as well as the other one advertised on the east coast (not Richard V's)were really rough-rusty. Cars like this, actually FROM central FL., are pretty much rust-free (unless involved in a tide-rise Hurricane) but, remember many, many folks have now driven in & moved here from the 'Salt Belt' like this fellow. Hope my 2cents help another member.

Steve Lichtman
04-13-2014, 10:18 PM
... I am looking for a vintage Ambulance /Hearse for display in the Museum ...What museum?

Jon Power
04-14-2014, 12:03 AM
What museum?

http://www.classicdreamcars.com/THEMUSEUM.html

Kevin Lynch
05-09-2014, 03:23 PM
On Monday I drove to Pasco County to meet "Paul" and check out this rig. I haven't even spent a penny on my '75 lifeliner in a long time and the last thing I need is another car. BUT being two hours away I thought it would be fun.
What I'm saying is my OPINION. Paul and Andrea met me at the car. Yes the exterior photos are right on- paint chipping off the fiber glass roof. Two dead batteries. He said no one has come see the car yet, but one person offered him $4,000 and he wouldn't take it. From what I could see of the interior, it's cleanable. There is damage in places to the "tin foil" interior. I couldn't even see the back of the car because of how its parked. Tomorrow I'm going back in my work clothes (or closest thing I have to such). I'm bringing two batteries, my Suburban, two sets of jumpers, and will get some gas if I need it. If you haven't seen Darrel "Badger's" listings, look at that post next. His Superior at the top of list is going for $1200. This is in the same ball park as this car. Paul got under the car with my camera and took some pictures. Not any worse than someone would expect. The front right door handle comes off in your hand when you go to open it. Paul said he could fix the engine but would raise the price. If we get the motor to turn over, this is what I'm going to tell him: I'd say its worth $1800. I might offer $2500 but I can't right now because I'm waiting to close on a storage building and have no place to put it now without increasing my rent. I will also tell him he's welcome to keep the car on the market. I think the car is nice and I like 71's a lot. If someone else buys it, then good for them and I hope I ethically saved them from spending too much.
I then found from a mutual friend that he has to get the car out of where it is right now within a few weeks. Yes the car needs to be saved....but so does my 75 Lifeliner which has been sitting for several months since we "blended in" the parts car last year. I will post a follow up tomorrow (Saturday) evening. The photos posted originally reveal most of the problems. I took a lot of pictures on Monday and I'll take more tomorrow. As others have said in this thread, I'd rather spend money on a finished product (if I had the money) like Richard's Lifeliner. If you have any specific comments, questions, or requests, please let me know by tonight (Friday). If you want to call me while I'm there (should be there around 11 to 1pm) my cell is 941-223-8682.

John ED Renstrom
05-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Cars like the 63 out in WA and this one can't be confused with one you can get in and drive. The difference in value is about double. Cleaned up licensed and in running condition the car might bring good money were it is. But like this, all you know is it use to be a good running car a few years ago.

Kyle Martin
05-10-2014, 12:38 PM
john ed is the king of resto and knows his business. my OWN formula is , decide what you think its worth then divide by 2 and then divide by 3 and your close. other words, if you value it at 15k, divide by 2 (7500) then divide by 3 (2500). that's always been my formula(?) to arrive at something close. BUT, were talking usual suspects here not a 39 caddy. it's what I use to get close. mind you this is for cars needing lots of work. less work, more up front. in case of a 59 anything, well get out the check book. there is a 59 superior here in town and I promised no info would ever be shared I f I ever want a shot at the car and its not restored but very original and sitting in a black f home's garage and I will pay for that car whatever I have tooo. the old lady who still owns everything wont let my friend sell it to me as it was the first new coach her husband (deceased) bought. one day, but my luck she will outlive me. and her son (went to school with him) who I will eventually get the car from, had triple bypass 2 months ago and I told him if he died before I get that car i'd haunt him forever. he thinks I was joking, I wasn't.

John ED Renstrom
05-10-2014, 02:35 PM
everyone has some kind of yard stick. but the value changes by location also.
all the little stuff add up fast. no tittle, hasn't been run in 10 years, air cleaner off sitting in the back of the car or missing, car not under cover. but desirability trumps common sense every time. me I see a 59 I'm passing on that location right now. I know how deep my billfold is and were my desires lay. 71-2 MM or 72 CB low top ambulance now that might be a different story

Kevin Lynch
05-10-2014, 04:13 PM
The car cranks (with both batteries being jumped) but does not start. This includes a spritz of starter fluid. We checked out the electricity...I asked for the headlights to be turned on and one came on. The seller then demonstrated the siren. So we know power get through.

I told him that overall I felt this car was worth $1800. I didn't get a chance to tell him I'd offer more. He told me I insulted him. So for those of you interested, he is sticking to $4500. I SUSPECT that this motor needs a lot. Sorry I got him upset, but hope that my visits shed some light on what this vehicle is like.