PDA

View Full Version : 1957 Superior Pontiac ambulance

Adam Borkat
11-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Why are all the good one always on the other side of the country!! :mad:

1957 Superior Pontiac ambulance (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1478108307.html)

Adam Borkat
11-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Photos from listing.

Robert Davidson
11-25-2009, 08:14 PM
That is a beauty! nice to see one so intact and the windows haven't been shot out.....the red jump seats are a little jarring against the grey interior....maybe off a different car?

Bill Marcy
11-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Wow, I like it! I sure hope it finds a good home!

John ED Renstrom
11-25-2009, 11:43 PM
something a little off with the jump seats. the one doesn't fit flat on the floor. this one still has the yellow and black tags. the cabinets look like they have a problem too but all in all ave easy repaired car and what a beauty when done.

Mike McDonald
11-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Unless the Owner found the plate at a swap meet... it has an era correct black on yellow County Government "E" / EXEMPT PLATE so it may have belonged to a CA County or City Fire Department at one time + CA Steady Red's!

Paul Steinberg
11-26-2009, 03:52 PM
I spoke to the seller yesterday, and he told me that the "E" plate was something that he had put on the car, and that it doesn't go with the car. There are some missing parts, and he has no past history of the vehicle, other than having purchased it from someone that was a Pontiac collector that removed some parts, and was going to scrap it. He saved it from its ultimate demise, and got it running. Missing parts are the trim on the upper right rear door and quarter panel, air cleaner, original radiator (he installed one from a GMC truck to get it running), wheel rims, and the Pontiac stars on the outside of the quarter panel / door, and the star on the inside right side rear door. I found him to be very honest and helpful in the description, and he is hoping to find a buyer for this car. He also said that it is scheduled to go on eBay if it didn't sell from the Craigslist listing. If it were closer, and I didn't already have too many projects, I would have considered this as a very worthwhile restoration project. He did say that the body was extremely sound, and it appears that it has always been a Southwestern dry climate car.
I also invited him to join us on our website. :thumbsup:

Bill Marcy
11-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Although I have no ability to buy, store, or restore this ambulance, I am eating my heart out. I love this car! I made myself a promise, no more restoration projects for me, but I am having a tough time looking away from this one. I don't even know how much the seller is asking for it, but I want it!

Paul Steinberg
11-26-2009, 09:41 PM
1957 Pontiac Superior ambulance. Runs & drives good. Needs restoration. Call 510 912 5138 for more info. Thanks!

$5500 is what is listed as the asking price on Craigslist.

John ED Renstrom
11-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm between here and there. you know you want it:D

Bill Marcy
11-27-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm between here and there. you know you want it:D

Yes, I was thinking about that Ed! All of the above is true! Unfortunately, I don't see anything happening right now. I think that you would really enjoy having this ambulance in your collection, don't you? I sure hope someone buys and restores this gem!

Bruce Biancalana
11-27-2009, 01:01 AM
It does look like a nice solid car.

John ED Renstrom
11-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I would love to have a mid 50's car and this one does look like it would be a fairly easy fix. but no money no space either. I'm trying to figure out now were to put the 73. wonder if he would swap :thumbsup:

Bill Marcy
11-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I would love to have a mid 50's car and this one does look like it would be a fairly easy fix. but no money no space either. I'm trying to figure out now were to put the 73. wonder if he would swap :thumbsup:

Funny you say that, I was thinking of offering him my '94 Superior Brougham 6-Door for it.

Bill Marcy
11-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Well boys, the train may have already left the station, or the ambulance as the case may be. I see it is now on ebay with a starting bid of $4500! I always think the bidding should start low, because it doesn't matter where it starts, it matters where it ends, right? At a high opening bid, lots of people are afraid, or just won't. Oh well, we can watch.

Rockey Marino
11-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Hello all & thanks for the comment's. Paul, it was nice to talk to you. That is my car & I would like to see someone here get it. I posted it on E-Bay at that price as I have a standing offer for
$4500. I was asking $5500 but we will see what happens. If it dosent go higher, I will sell it to the guy that came & looked at it & made that offer. It is a solid project . I have many photos on E-Bay & a detailed discription there. Please feel freee to ask questions @ 510 912 5138.