PDA

View Full Version : Home from Milwaukee

Jeremy D. Ledford
08-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know we got home from Milwaukee and I rolled into my drive way about 10 p.m. CST tonight! Once again thanks to Patrick and Mark for a very successful meet and to all who attended! THANK YOU!!!!

Bruce Biancalana
08-26-2013, 12:37 AM
I'm Home, My compliments to you Patrick and all that the meet a great success, a job well done! Thanks for all your hard work.

Rick Franklin
08-26-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm home as well. My flight arrived in Seattle at 630pm. Im exhausted & had a blast! It was great to finally meet everyone.

Chuck Kramer
08-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Was back home by 10:00 am. THANK YOU again to Patrick and Mark for a very enjoyable Intl.Meet! Sure enjoyed seeing the Pro Cars and and meeting new people, being PCS members or just others who came by to look at the vehicles.

Looking forward to seeing many of you again next year in Rochester, Mn!

Maybe before? Just in the works is a Weekend ( Oct. 11 or 18) , Leaf Season get together in Prairie du Chien, Wi! Pikes Peak, Local Museum, Mississippi Explorer Boat Trip, Pete's Hamburgers, Sawmill Saloon, Jim's Packer Bar, Antique and Specialty Shops and maybe a tour of a Not So Fancy Small Town USA Funeral Home or two? Come and meet some of the natives as well as other tourists visiting the area!

Tony Karsnia will be providing more info at a later date! BUT keep those dates open and watch for more info!

Hope to see you all again sooner than later!

chuck kramer

Tony Karsnia
08-26-2013, 09:53 AM
A sincere Thank You to Patrick and Mark! Those two guys ran the meet like they had done this a thousand times before; effortlessly, seamlessly, and always with a smile. If there were any complications, they hid them well behind the scenes. Our only regret was that we didn't do the Friday tour; Mack would have loved riding the train. This was a quality meet and those who missed it, missed a great one!

Kim, Mack, and I enjoyed seeing old friends, meeting new ones, and finally meeting some friends in person that we'd known through the message board. Mack is a typical 13 year-old and preferred going around and doing his own networking...can't be seen with the parents too much at that age, you know. Our thanks to all for being kind and patient with him.

Since Chuck mentioned the Fall Meet, I'll add this here: While in Milwaukee, Patrick and I had a discussion about reinstating what was formerly known as "The Great Tri-Chapter Meet." This was an annual joint venture between the Illini, Northland, and Wisconsin Chapters. After the Iowa Hawkeye Chapter was formed, we brought them into the mix also. We both agreed that it would be great to have an annual event where people from several states could easily participate. We'd like to throw something together for this fall already so we're working on plans for a Fall Meet in Prairie Du Chien, WI. More info on this very soon.

Thanks again Patrick and Mark for a fun, enjoyable, and relaxing week in Milwaukee. Hope you have the opportunity to take a well-deserved rest now! We look forward to seeing everyone next year when you "RESPOND TO ROCHESTER!"

John McCulloch
08-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Patti and I arrived home--Durham--at 7:45 p.m. Sunday. A great show! We were unable to be there for the whole week but we enjoyed old friends, new friends and the tours while present. Thanks to Partick, Mark and all who helped. Congrats to all the award winners. God willing we will be responding to the Rochester invitation next year. See you there.

Dan D. Paulsen - Deceased 1968 - 2014
08-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Arrived home at 9 PM last night. This was the first International Meet for my family. We enjoyed every bit of it. The location was perfect, the weather was beautiful, and the cars were way more than I have ever hoped for. It was so nice to meet people and put a face to the name and it was nice to be reconnected with old friends. Well played Patrick, well played!

Brady D Smith
08-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Janet and I were able to extend our holiday by travelling home with some PCS friends. Dr. Lloyd and the Boyers and Kim McDonald were with us on the ferry and we all had dinner together in Muskegon before driving the final leg home. We arrived home about 10 PM and were thoroughly worn out! A great meet and a big thanks to Patrick and Mark for all their hard work. These meets really are more of a family reunion for us than a car meet.

John Royark JR
08-26-2013, 04:45 PM
I know I have not been on the message board for a couple months but had to come back to comment on the International. I got home about 9:30 last night. I also want to thank Patrick and Mark for putting on a great meet. It usually takes a committee of many to do what you two did to put on such a quality event. I just wish I could have spent more time talking to everyone instead of nursing my POS back in my room, Im sorry to my PCS friends that I did not get to spend much time with, and sorry to the ones that I spent too much time with LOL. It was great to finally meet Rick Franklin after so many years of only knowing him here, and putting faces to other people we only knew here. Lots of fun, friends and beautiful cars, too bad it was only a week. And one of OUR cars finally took best of show over all the other makes of "normal" type cars. The PCS should be proud of that accomplishment. I know Dan sure is, he probably thinks he is still dreaming, after all he was woke up from his nap to tell him he won. (I don't know what it was about the tent we were under but I think almost all of us were snoozing at one time or another). The location for the show was the best Ive ever been to, and the weather was perfect, with a nice cool breeze coming off the lake and watching all the sailboats in the distance.
Again to Patrick and Mark, Thanks for putting on such a great meet for all of us!

Jamie Stautz
08-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Thank you Patrick and Mark fir a great meet and show. It was my first meet and i can nnot wait for next yea. To all the people i talked thank you for the info and for thoes i did not meet i hope to meet you all at the next meet. Thanks again for a great time.

Patrick J. Martin
08-27-2013, 04:01 AM
Mark and I got home Monday afternoon. We went back to the Sunday concours show and then spent Sunday late afternoon/evening cleaning out and packing up the registration room. Then a reporter called and wanted to get together Sunday night, meaning Mark and I didn't have Sunday dinner until 9 PM. We treated ourselves to a nice dinner in a fancy restaurant. Frankly, we felt we earned it! Then we had our first night all week of being able to get a decent night's sleep, before meeting with my hotel contact Monday morning to finalize our bill. Two brief stops at tour destinations to tie up a couple loose ends, and Mark and I left Milwaukee at 1 PM, getting home about two hours later.

Perhaps needless to say, but still deserving to be said, Mark and I both greatly appreciate all the thanks and kind words and happy smiles we received from everyone. As I said at the banquet, I could have planned the best meet in the world, but it wouldn't have been anything if no one had shown up. So by the same token, my sincere appreciation to everyone who attended.

I don't think its possible to run something this big and complex without there being some issues pop up, and the fact that several of you have commented on how smooth everything ran makes me feel like I did my job in handling whatever came up before making itself known to the meet attendees. I used the analogy with a few of you that I compared running a meet to a duck, look smooth on the surface and paddle like the devil underneath. My only regret is that I was unable to spend much time visiting with anyone in particular. As the go-to guy for everything, I was almost constantly being pulled in multiple directions at once, resulting in me giving people a smile, a hello, a handshake or pat on the back, and I was on my way. I trust you all understand and didn't take any rudeness from it.

Did I learn anything? Of course I did. I've been taking mental notes on the various meets I've attended over the years, and I was taking mental notes about my own meet as well. Honestly, I don't think I'd change anything major, but details can always be tweaked. As much as you all seemed to like Milwaukee, I can honestly say that Milwaukee liked you back. Literally every place we went, the venue had nothing but good things to say about our group and was quick to invite us back.

So what do Mark and I think of the meet? Well I think I can sum it up by telling about the major theme of our conversations throughout the day.....

Chicago 2020, "The Roaring 20s"

Mike Boyer
08-27-2013, 08:50 AM
We rolled in the driveway at 5am monday morning just in time for me to go to work for 7am !!! We had a great time this past weekend putting faces to names ( sorry Mr Ledford ) lol and seeing the cars in person that I have only seen in Pictures. we had a great time on the ferry and having dinner with Brady and Janet, Dr Lloyd and Kim before leaving Muskegon. thank you Patrick and Mark for a great meet.

Steve Lichtman
08-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Pate and I rolled into our house just before noon Monday. Had a great trip home, no problems at all.

Whew, what a meet! We had a great time seeing each other and spending time with each other, and a fantastic line-up of pro-cars. I'll have the final count shortly.

Great job, Patrick and Mark!

One thing that was the highlight of the meet for me. There was a couple there that had never been to a PCS meet before, very nice folks. They talked to me Sunday as I was packing up to leave. The man said that he had been a member of many car clubs over the years. He had joined several and found that, although they let him in, these other clubs never really made them feel welcome, because most folks simply drift into their groups or cliques and left them alone. He said that the PCS was different - that he and his wife felt truly welcomed into the group and felt like they had known everyone for a long time. That says a lot about our PCS! I'm proud to be a part of it.

Like someone said once, you are the people I choose to spend my summer vacation with!

Cool cars, too!

John Burchfield
08-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Whew, I got worn out trying to thank everybody above! I got home Monday night about 640pm after a great meet with PCS friends. Patrick and Mark did a great job organizing this one! Gene Smith had met me at a cousin's in Rochester, IN to ride together to Milwaukee. She put his car in her garage for the week! So we retraced our path Sunday, and after lunch w/ my cousin and her husband I continued South to Indianapolis (along US 31 there's no major cellular service until you're nearly to Kokomo, which kept my relatives in Indy in the dark for a while) to stay the night w/ another cousin. One side effect of the slow economy seems to be less traffic on the interstates, maybe a little more now than the last time I made the Indiana run four years ago, but it makes for smoother travel!