PDA

View Full Version : Holler Head bar

Wayne Krakowski
05-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Patrick,have heard this historic establishment was closed????by the city for possible fire violations,saw it on a special show once with the dear little old polish lady who owned it,it has one of the oldest still operating bowling alley's in the basement.If this doesn't interest folks maybe the other historical aspect of the establishment will.would you clarify its status for us..

Patrick J. Martin
05-20-2013, 12:03 PM
As Mark Twain said, "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated". The place was temporarily closed for fire code violations, but there was enough community support that it reopened very quickly.

Scott A. Anderson
05-20-2013, 04:35 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/citys-bra-ban-doesnt-hold-up-9m9vimk-207805611.html

Here's a link to the story.

Bill Carlin
05-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Sometimes city officials have no idea what they are doing....I am glad this place is still open.

Wayne Krakowski
05-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks to Patrick and Scott for updating this,I initially posted it because I was sure our friends Darren and Richard would be in for a photo shoot,we know Darren doesn't drink but hey a collection of bras hanging from a ceiling started by the 80ish year old polish lady well heck that's historical,and the bowling alley too.