PDA

View Full Version : 1948 Cadillac Amubulance $16200

Ryan Burman
05-08-2013, 12:30 AM
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/3789854202.html

Kurt Arends
05-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Awesome rig!!....... but not worth $16,200 in that condition. I love the front doors on those '40s Meteors!

Attila Bethlenfalvy
05-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Willing to bet you Kurt that seller has never owned a vintage procar before, between asking price and preposterous "could part out for more money" claim. He's watched too many TV shows.

Attila Bethlenfalvy
05-08-2013, 09:38 AM
From seller when asked how he came up with a price:

"after research and talking to several people from across the country, yes. both accounts are accurate. sorry to "misguide" you but the car is worth every penny of what im asking, more if parted out."

Those people must have included Steve Davis, Craig Jackson, Lew Lazarus, and the reception desk @ The United States Bullion Depository Fort Knox.

Danny Ryder
05-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Knock off the $10k and I feel $6200 would still be strong. If I am wrong I have bought way to many of these at a steal. Maybe $4k range better?

Steve Lichtman
05-08-2013, 11:11 AM
From seller when asked how he came up with a price:

"after research and talking to several people from across the country, yes. both accounts are accurate. sorry to "misguide" you but the car is worth every penny of what im asking, more if parted out."

Those people must have included Steve Davis, Craig Jackson, Lew Lazarus, and the reception desk @ The United States Bullion Depository Fort Knox.Funny, I had the same discussion with the guy with the Franklin Cadillac! ;)

John ED Renstrom
05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
they only see the selling price of one restored. not understanding that it worth that much because you have twice that in it. if I was going to spend that kind of money on one I would be looking for one all ready done in that range. still can't figure it out you want that much for the car and yet you can't post one clear shot of it?

Steve Loftin
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Awesome rig!!....... but not worth $16,200 in that condition. I love the front doors on those '40s Meteors!

It might be worth half that if it were complete, including (very hard to find) attendant seats.

Ryan Burman
05-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Yea I thought the price was through the roof but figured maybe he would come to his senses and someone would score.

Ron Devies
05-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Well if it is in North Canton, it is about 20 minutes from me if anyone wants me to go look at it for them.

Ron Devies
05-09-2013, 05:33 PM
The guy said to make him an offer he is a motivated seller. I am going to look at it tomorrow night. I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT TO BUY FOR MYSELF,I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT TO BUY FOR MYSELF, I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT TO BUY FOR MYSELF.

Ryan Burman
05-09-2013, 05:57 PM
I would personally love to have it but there is no way he is going to come down on the price enough to fit into my budget. I really dig the etched glass.

Adam Borkat
05-09-2013, 06:13 PM
I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT TO BUY FOR MYSELF,I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT TO BUY FOR MYSELF, I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT TO BUY FOR MYSELF.

If you'd sell that 'ole 66 Poncho of yours, you'd have room :rolleyes:

Rick Franklin
05-09-2013, 06:36 PM
the guy said to make him an offer he is a motivated seller. I am going to look at it tomorrow night. I am not going to look at it to buy for myself,i am not going to look at it to buy for myself, i am not going to look at it to buy for myself.

step away from the ambulance & drop the check book!

Kurt Arends
05-09-2013, 06:47 PM
The guy said to make him an offer he is a motivated seller. I am going to look at it tomorrow night. I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT TO BUY FOR MYSELF,I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT TO BUY FOR MYSELF, I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT TO BUY FOR MYSELF.

Ron,
If you need to cash out of that '64 M-M in order to generate some money, just let me know!

Ron Devies
05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Oh I can see it now sell my Poncho, sell my 64, Russ Street will buy the other 64, Kent will buy my 54" and I will have enough money to buy this rust bucket and my Pinner. :confused: Nah, I don't think so! But I will get some good pics.

Ron Devies
05-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Well I went and saw, what a cool car! Not 16K cool but an awesome car that had a Indiana window sticker. Took a lot of pics, if anyone wants to see I can send them to you.

Ron Devies
05-15-2013, 11:28 PM
I met with the owner today, this car is pretty solid but needs a lot of work. He acquired it from a Cadillac collector. It is all there including a Bomgardner cot bar etched glass is good. The 16,200 was not in stone. He has recently been diagnosed with MS and wants to raise money to do a Harley so he can ride while he still can. Would like to get 10 K but I think he realizes that is a little out there too. This is a very salvageable car and the first person I thought of was Bo Pounds.
Nearby around the corner I found a pristine 65 Cadillac Fleetwood that was cherry, even still has the blessed virgin statuary on the dash. They are asking 3900. If anyone is interested in either of these let me know. I have lots of pics of both cars.

Ron Devies
05-20-2013, 03:56 PM
The seller texted me yesterday, has dropped the price to $5,000.00