PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Hotel Reservations

Patrick J. Martin
04-21-2013, 05:59 PM
I have received a couple phone calls this week from members saying that they have had problems with making reservations at the host hotel for this year's meet. Apparently the hotel's automated telephone system transfers you to a central reservations system when you choose "reservations" from the automated message, and the central location is clueless about the PCS contract.

So, I am stealing and reposting a post that Tony Karsnia made a couple months ago when he encountered this issue...

When you dial the reservations number (1-414-764-5300), you'll get a recorded message that starts off with "for reservations, press 1..."

You don't want to do that.

Press 0 to get the hotel operator, which is whom I was able to make our reservation with. Saves a lot of time and a second phone call.

I hope this helps to ward off some headaches that a couple members have brought to my attention.

Wayne Krakowski
04-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Patrick, thanks to Tony's post that's what I did and it worked like a charm...what is it now 4 months away:D

Ron Devies
04-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Patrick, how much is it per night?

Patrick J. Martin
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Patrick, how much is it per night?

The PCS rate is $89/night before taxes.

Mike Stevens
04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Ron,

If you sell a couple of suction cups you will have enough for a room.

Everyone else will now have a question for you when we get there.

Mike

Patrick J. Martin
06-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Well the number of people contacting me about having problems making room reservations has slowed to a trickle, but unfortunately there does still seem to be a couple having issues. I spoke with the hotel today, and it seems to be a simple case of a couple members of the front desk staff not knowing about the PCS reserved room block. I was told that as of today, about half of the PCS rooms are still available, so don't despair!

Please continue using the method outlined above to make your reservation, but if you encounter a problem, then feel free to call John Murdock, Director of Rooms, on his direct line at 414-563-4062, and he'll get you set up.

Thank you sincerely to all who are planning to attend!

Walt McCall
06-06-2013, 09:17 PM
I made my reservations earlier tonight following Patrick's instructions. No problem! They were very helpful. The rate's $89.00/night. - Walt