PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Now Has An Official Look!

Patrick J. Martin
04-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I am very pleased to present the official logo for the 2013 International Meet!

Even though he's not a member of this club so will probably never see this post, I do have to give tremendous thanks to Chris Gorski, who I know through one of the other car clubs I belong to. Chris' actual job is as a graphic designer for General Motors, and after discussing with him what I had in mind, he created this logo on his own time. Well done Chris! I couldn't be more pleased!

Featured is new member Mike Spangler's 1969 AMC Ambassador limousine by Armbruster-Stageway. Being an American Motors product, and rumored to have been the official car for two Wisconsin govenors, I couldn't think of a better vehicle to be the featured car for our first-ever Wisconsin meet!

Wayne Krakowski
04-07-2013, 03:37 PM
It is creeping up on us,be here before you know,I AM READY:D

John ED Renstrom
04-07-2013, 09:51 PM
we are keeping our fingers crossed here. we have a date with the car in Lacy Washington the week before. a oblation we can't pass on. so if the 86 holds together we'll be there

Steve Lichtman
04-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Looks good. Are you going to do t-shirts?

Patrick J. Martin
04-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Looks good. Are you going to do t-shirts?

Yes, the traditional meet T shirt will be available, and it will feature this logo. There is a line on the meet registration form to order shirts.

John Burchfield
04-08-2013, 10:32 PM
That's a great looking logo, Patrick. I'm assuming the Ambassador was built down the road at the Kenosha plant (prior to the A-S conversion of course)? And it begs the question: how many of these limos were made by Armbruster? Really hoping to come to the meet, but it's still uncertain at this point.

Patrick J. Martin
04-08-2013, 10:41 PM
That's a great looking logo, Patrick. I'm assuming the Ambassador was built down the road at the Kenosha plant (prior to the A-S conversion of course)? And it begs the question: how many of these limos were made by Armbruster? Really hoping to come to the meet, but it's still uncertain at this point.

You are right, John, the base Ambassador sedan rolled out of the Kenosha plant. American Motors had nothing to do with the limo conversion, it was an independant individual who dreamed up the idea of an Ambassador limo, and ordered six from Armbruster. However, his money ran out after only two were built. One ended up in Hollywood, and made various cameo appearances in a variety of 70s-era TV shows. The eventual whereabouts of that car are unknown. The one here made its way back to Wisconsin, and allegedly was used as the governor's limo, although absolute proof of that has not been found, but numerous people remember it as being the case.