PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota to Milwaukee Motorcade!

Tony Karsnia
03-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Kim and I are organizing a MINNESOTA TO MILWAUKEE MOTORCADE, leaving the Twin Cities on Tuesday morning, August 20. Our desire is to form a substantial motorcade of people who are excitedly traveling to what promises to be a fantastic meet. We can arrange lodging for anyone traveling from the west or south who wish to stay over in our area on Monday evening. We'll coordinate with some Wisconsin folks to meet up with them along the way.

This will be the pre-meet party; some door prizes, goody bags, travel trivia, etc. beginning with dinner on Monday evening.

It's not too early to start putting together the chain of cars. Please add to this thread or email me directly if you are interested in joining the great "Minnesota to Milwaukee Motorcade!"

Patrick J. Martin
03-29-2013, 02:03 PM
I'd love to be a part of it, but I think I'm expected in Milwaukee before you guys arrive!

John ED Renstrom
03-30-2013, 01:46 PM
this sounds like nothing but fun. brake the trip up a little.

Rick Franklin
03-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Im planning on flying into Milwaukee on Monday so I'll be there when you guys arrive! (If it was Milwaukie, Oregon, I'd drive!)

Chuck Kramer
07-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Kim and I are organizing a MINNESOTA TO MILWAUKEE MOTORCADE, leaving the Twin Cities on Tuesday morning, August 20. Our desire is to form a substantial motorcade of people who are excitedly traveling to what promises to be a fantastic meet. We can arrange lodging for anyone traveling from the west or south who wish to stay over in our area on Monday evening. We'll coordinate with some Wisconsin folks to meet up with them along the way.

This will be the pre-meet party; some door prizes, goody bags, travel trivia, etc. beginning with dinner on Monday evening.

It's not too early to start putting together the chain of cars. Please add to this thread or email me directly if you are interested in joining the great "Minnesota to Milwaukee Motorcade!"

Tony

What route(s) will you be taking down? Any responses so far as to who will be joining in and where along the way they will join in? Possibly Madison for me.

Tony Karsnia
07-10-2013, 02:10 PM
There has been no interest in this to date.

We'll be traveling I-94 from the Twin Cities to Milwaukee.

Mike McDonald
07-10-2013, 05:54 PM
FYI .... there was a very nice color multi-page promotional article in the "Pennsylvania Fireman" I received in the mail today about the upcoming National PCS Convention I believe written by Patrick Martin. THX-MM

Patrick J. Martin
07-10-2013, 06:11 PM
FYI .... there was a very nice color multi-page promotional article in the "Pennsylvania Fireman" I received in the mail today about the upcoming National PCS Convention I believe written by Patrick Martin. THX-MM

While I would like to take the credit, especially since you called it a very nice article, the fact is that our own Gregg Merksamer has been handling meet publicity outside of the PCS.

Is this the article that appeared? http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12347

If its something different, any way you could post it?

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Mike McDonald
07-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Patrick: I am used to seeing the many and detailed professional press releases by Gregg, but this one didn't have his name in the article (unless I missed it?). MM

Gregg D. Merksamer
08-15-2013, 11:14 PM
DEAR MIKE: As they're pre-publicity derived from my press release, it's never mattered to me that most of these items don't have my by-line when they're published. I really only expect that when I'm recapping the event AFTER it's taken place, and even then it's not a must; when they do, I'm just grateful they get all three G's in my first name!

As somewhere between 20 and 30 EMS, firefighting, funeral trade and old car hobby publications get my pre-event press kits in a typical year, the thing I'm really grateful to get from other PCS people is clippings or links to publications that actually run the material as has been done through this thread, as I obviously can't subscribe to every single one of these magazines myself (frankly, I more out of the loop when it comes to the EMS and fire publications) and it gives me an idea of which are most receptive to my mailings. That intel is ALWAYS useful when time or printer ink is short.