Chris Elzie
02-21-2013, 11:53 PM
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/3615945819.html

Russ Austin
02-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Im in tucson, if anyone is interested in the coach

Martin Harvey
02-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Are we able to know which coachbuilder it is, model..?

By googlestreetviewing the address that goes with the phone it seems this guy have a beginning of the 50's white ambulance or combo also in his yard...

Bill Marcy
02-23-2013, 11:25 PM
I had a nice conversation with the owner tonight. It is a Miller Meteor Classic 48. The owner has no way of taking pictures, so he can't post any.

Russ, I told him that you may call him, to look at the ambulance for those of us with interest. If you could take pictures and post them, that would be great. He also has a 1940 Henney Packard he wants to sell. I am trying to convince him to join The PCS. Maybe you could bring a magazine to show him and perhaps a membership application. He seems like a nice guy and he does want to see these cars restored, if possible.

James Fischer
02-23-2013, 11:46 PM
I had a nice conversation with the owner tonight. It is a Miller Meteor Classic 48. The owner has no way of taking pictures, so he can't post any.

Russ, I told him that you may call him, to look at the ambulance for those of us with interest. If you could take pictures and post them, that would be great. He also has a 1940 Henney Packard he wants to sell. I am trying to convince him to join The PCS. Maybe you could bring a magazine to show him and perhaps a membership application. He seems like a nice guy and he does want to see these cars restored, if possible.

Bill,
Did the owner mention if it is running/driving ??

Joe DiCorpo
02-24-2013, 07:22 AM
I spoke with him at length on the evening of 19th.
I told him about the PCS as well and encouraged him to join and look here.
It sounded like a 1967 White M&M 48" (possibly a Volunteer??) which may have had 4 Grimes lights and a Beacon in the center of roof at some point. He mentioned that the previous owner removed and kept the D Pillar Chrome Crosses and the Grimes lights but thought he may have another set or other corner lights around in a box(??).
The main point of my conversation with him was twofold;
1) To make sure he did NOT sell it to someone who would chop it or make it into anything other than a period correct ambulance, and
2) See if I could get some pics to see if I would be interested in buying it.
I think I convinced him of the first point but I have not seen any pics yet.
I would be very interested in buying it based on condition.
He told me it did run and drive but was not recommended for long distance driving.
Any assistance in getting pics and a vehicle status report would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
Joe DiCorpo
Atlanta

Martin Harvey
02-24-2013, 07:59 AM
If Russ can take a ride and take few shots Im sure it can make someone happy here! ;)

No chance to find an unknown pro-car in my area !! You south neighbors are so lucky..

Bill Marcy
02-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Bill,
Did the owner mention if it is running/driving ??

James, the owner told me that the car ran well. But, I asked him when it was last running, he was unsure and said it was a long while.

Russ Austin
02-24-2013, 01:45 PM
I called and left a message. Thats all I can do till I find out where the cars are.

Martin Harvey
02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
I found the address via 411 reverse phone directory then Google street view.

Russ Austin
02-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Met the guy, and he is a very nice person. He has 2 small private yards, and has lots of cars.
The car in question will be in running condition at the time of pick up. The windshield is broken, but he sais the windshield from the flower car he has will go with the car. Same thing with the drivers door glass. the interior would need to be redone. Back passenger door is full of bondo, Doors seem solid, no rust. Rockers seem solid. Roof, bumpers, are good. Fenders have rust in the doglegs. Cannot tell about the floor, as I wasnt getting dirty pulling grass up and digging. The windshield and drivers door are broken, so expect the worst.

Russ Austin
02-24-2013, 08:59 PM
The ambulance has the privacy pull up curtains too. I thought that was neat.

Here is the flower car. Its a rust bucket, not worth restoring. Rockers, quarters, bed floor, and drivers compartment floor is completely rotted away.

Bill Marcy
02-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks alot Russ! They are not what I am looking for, but the ambulance looks like somebody could restore it. I know that we all hope it will be restored.