PDA

View Full Version : 1974 soon to be scrapped

Rich Koski
01-13-2013, 08:54 AM
http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/3526833270.html
http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/3513232782.html
I believe he started at $2000 when first listed quite some time ago. Looks to be saveable. Down to $1000 and threatening to scrap.

Richard Vyse
01-13-2013, 10:27 AM
For a grand Mr. Smith should to get it and store behind his place just for future potential PCS members.

Kurt Arends
01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
I don't know about the "saveable" part. That is really just a parts car with that much rust-through on it. That car reminds me of dozens of coaches that we watched sell at the Dennis Distributors auction back in 1987(?). If it were an ambulance, it might be considered restorable. The $1000 is a fair price however.

Clark N. Vineyard
01-13-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm honestly in the same boat right now. My '72 Superior combination (siezed motor) has been for sale for $1200 with zero offers. Meanwhile registration is coming up in a few weeks and I'm still losing money paying insurance on it. I know howthis guy feels!

Parting out and scrapping is unfortunately the most economical path in some cases, though I can't bring myself to do it yet. I hope this one gets saved...

John Royark JR
01-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Ive seen Ed fix alot worse than this. I think the price is fair, even if it is just used for a winter driver, where else will you find a reliable running and driving car for this price.

Darren Bedford
01-13-2013, 02:56 PM
There are enough parts to get twice that parting it out.

Too bad value is determined the way it is these days.

Darren

Kurt Arends
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
The sad truth here is that you would have to put $15,000 into restoring this '74 Superior hearse and you would then have a $7500 hearse when you are all done.

John ED Renstrom
01-13-2013, 11:30 PM
but if it was the one you wanted it would be worth it. buy this car drive it home put that engine in the 72 and all the problems are solved. selling the rear bumper will pay for your trip to get it. or so I have been told

Richard Vyse
01-14-2013, 09:09 AM
but if it was the one you wanted it would be worth it. buy this car drive it home put that engine in the 72 and all the problems are solved. selling the rear bumper will pay for your trip to get it. or so I have been told

If it were closer it would be mine. Ed's right, the rear bumper is something you don't see and that carrier support is worth a least a couple hundred.

Best of luck!!!

John Royark JR
01-14-2013, 12:06 PM
If it were closer it would be mine. Ed's right, the rear bumper is something you don't see and that carrier support is worth a least a couple hundred.

Best of luck!!!

I still dont understand why anyone would want to take out a old carrier that may be wore anyway when you can have a brand new one made out of better materials that wil last much longer installed, as you have done. The modification is so minor its welll worth it to never have to worrry about it failing again. But thats just me I guess.

Rich Koski
03-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Does anyone need 1974 parts? I have been in contact with the owner and have obtained some parts and will be returning to pickup more. Please send me a P.M. if interested. I have the rear bumper, landau bars, and front carpet so far and will be going back for the windshield and other assorted parts. Sad to see it end up this way but salvaging what parts I can.