PDA

View Full Version : 1959 Lincoln Flower Car

Jeff Beyer
12-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Here is the craigslist listing for a 1959 Lincoln Flower Car:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3438400066.html

One of the pictures was taken at The New Hope Auto Show quite sometime ago. Was this early in PCS history when we had our national meet there?

Someone has the story on this car.

John Royark JR
12-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Here are the discussions from the last times it was listed.
http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8942&highlight=1959+Lincoln+flower
http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7332&highlight=1959+Lincoln+flower

Im supprised no one has grabbed this one yet.

Patrick J. Martin
12-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't think I'm too surprised that it hasn't been grabbed. First, a vehicle like this has no appeal to the general old car community, so that limits its appeal to people like us. Then, even amoung us, it seems there's a big demand for cars like Superior Crowns, MM hightop ambulances, and 50s Eurekas for example, but do you really ever hear of anyone lusting after some obscure one-off? Even my Bayliff Packard for example, which I think is safe to say is one of the more famous "weirdo" cars, it gets tons of looks and attention and conversation when I bring it to a PCS meet, but who would actually open their checkbook to buy it? I know now that I was not the first person to look at what is now my Bayliff Packard when it was for sale, and I know that at least two of the people who looked at it before I did were PCS members. But you'll notice that they didn't open their checkbook like I did. Then add in the $14,000 asking price for this flower car, which I'm not saying the car isn't worth, but you then limit your market even more.

Now with all this being said, and since I am someone who specifically is into the oddball cars, I would love to have this flower car. I wanted it the first time it was advertised. But I'm just not in the financial position right now to spend $14,000 on a car, and then add another car to my monthly storage bill.

John Royark JR
12-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't think I'm too surprised that it hasn't been grabbed. First, a vehicle like this has no appeal to the general old car community, so that limits its appeal to people like us. Then, even amoung us, it seems there's a big demand for cars like Superior Crowns, MM hightop ambulances, and 50s Eurekas for example, but do you really ever hear of anyone lusting after some obscure one-off? Even my Bayliff Packard for example, which I think is safe to say is one of the more famous "weirdo" cars, it gets tons of looks and attention and conversation when I bring it to a PCS meet, but who would actually open their checkbook to buy it? I know now that I was not the first person to look at what is now my Bayliff Packard when it was for sale, and I know that at least two of the people who looked at it before I did were PCS members. But you'll notice that they didn't open their checkbook like I did. Then add in the $14,000 asking price for this flower car, which I'm not saying the car isn't worth, but you then limit your market even more.

Now with all this being said, and since I am someone who specifically is into the oddball cars, I would love to have this flower car. I wanted it the first time it was advertised. But I'm just not in the financial position right now to spend $14,000 on a car, and then add another car to my monthly storage bill.

I, like you, would love to have this. As you also know if I had the cash I would have the other Bayliff Packard, that way you will not have to wipe my drool of yours anymore.
I know its a very limited market, but it would be nice to see a PCS member buy it. Anyone can find a hightop ambulance, but how often will you get a chance to have something this unique? (Except you, you are the king of unique professional cars..LOL)
I do think the price is a little steep though, considering it needs restored.
I also think he would find a wider market if he put it on Ebay.

Mike McDonald
12-02-2012, 02:43 PM
If the seller had kept in a real garage instead of his "lean to" as he put it.... and some minimal periodic maintenance on it... it might be well worth what he is asking today? As other have already said, between these car-flip related reality TV Shows that are on now and BJ / Mecum Reruns.... it get's people thinking they really have some worth a lot of bucks. MM

Bill Marcy
12-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I also like oddball stuff and I can assure you that if I had a bottomless checkbook, I would buy it. But, I can tell you guys that these old Lincolns are terribly expensive to fix, maintain and operate. This era of Lincoln is nothing like their more modern counterparts. They are really not for the average person. Having said all this, I believe that this car would be a fabulous addition to a procar collection.

Kurt Arends
12-02-2012, 11:09 PM
If the seller had kept in a real garage instead of his "lean to" as he put it.... and some minimal periodic maintenance on it... it might be well worth what he is asking today? As other have already said, between these car-flip related reality TV Shows that are on now and BJ / Mecum Reruns.... it get's people thinking they really have some worth a lot of bucks. MM

It also helps to pull it out of that lean-to and wash it off so potential buyers might be able to see(current) photos of what they are buying! Photos of the car in a parade 30 years ago do not suffice. It amazes me how people have no issue in asking the big bucks for some of these cars but cannot manage to even clean out the fast food bags!

John ED Renstrom
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry for being the cheap skate here but for that kind of money I would expect to fly in, fire the car up and drive it home. I don't care what it is. the price is unlealistic for a barn find. so far everyone has keep there checkbooks closed because they agree with me. the car is vary desierable, but only in good running condition. in my opinion as it sits right now from the pictures 5000 would be a streach for it.

Paul Newman
12-03-2012, 02:04 PM
It also helps to pull it out of that lean-to and wash it off so potential buyers might be able to see(current) photos of what they are buying! Photos of the car in a parade 30 years ago do not suffice. It amazes me how people have no issue in asking the big bucks for some of these cars but cannot manage to even clean out the fast food bags!

Ya i never understood why people try to sell a car and not at least clean the junk out of it for the pics.

John Royark JR
12-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Ya i never understood why people try to sell a car and not at least clean the junk out of it for the pics.

Or they are so blurry you can barely even tell its a car. Guess it takes too much effort to take a few NICE pictures. I always figured it they cant take some good pics they are trying to hide something, or just too lazy to do it right, which means they were probably to lazy to maintain it correctly.

Jeremy Lund
12-03-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't mind the patina, but get that thing out and take some decent pictures if you want that much for it. I don't mind buying a car that is barn fresh. When I bought my Peerless I found all sorts of cool items in it that most likely would have been thrown away if it was "cleaned out." I hope that somebody will buy this and bring it back to it's former glory, but it going to need quite a bit of work.

Jeremy