PDA

View Full Version : 59 M&M Colorado going to go fast

Chris Elzie
11-30-2012, 07:37 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3446173833.html

Adam Borkat
11-30-2012, 08:11 PM
In case the listing gets pulled, here are the photos.

http://images.craigslist.org/3E83K43Ja5N35K35H9cbu4bbb54bcf6441e9b.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/3E93M63N85Na5L95F5cbu3531f6e33e2a1daf.jpg

Rick Franklin
11-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Are the missing front end parts commercial chassis specific or will standard De Ville/Fleetwood parts fit?

Attila Bethlenfalvy
11-30-2012, 09:04 PM
'59/'60 core support is marginally wider as is radiator. Rest is interchangeable with any standard passenger car. Realistically with as little usage as a procar of this vintage would see, passenger car radiator shouldn't hurt it.

CC front clips did not start until '61. You're welcome.

Kurt Arends
11-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I question the "very little rust" statement. Looks like the driver's side rocker panel is completely gone.

Darren Bedford
11-30-2012, 11:27 PM
If it was closer I would be buying it.

Worth the money people !

Darren

Paul Steinberg
12-01-2012, 12:19 AM

Worth the money people !

Darren

My 1962 Chevy came from Iowa (2000 miles away), my 1978 Superior Cadillac came from Alaska (4500 miles away), and my 1969 Miller Meteor Cadillac came from Oregon (3000 miles away), and you say that this 1959 is too far away from you.. What is it...... 1500 miles???

JR Rotramel
12-01-2012, 01:13 AM
My 1962 Chevy came from Iowa (2000 miles away), my 1978 Superior Cadillac came from Alaska (4500 miles away), and my 1969 Miller Meteor Cadillac came from Oregon (3000 miles away), and you say that this 1959 is too far away from you.. What is it...... 1500 miles???

163...Think I may go take a look

John ED Renstrom
12-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Worth the money people !

Darren

still don't see it. says the man that can't imagine people paying a buck for a half pint for what they can get fee anywhere then take two sips of then toss. or 100 bucks a month to keep stuff they should have toss out years ago.

junk is junk people. the only reason they used one of these in the movie was because it was cheap and no one wanted them then. one grade b flick later people are scrambling just to get a look at one. this one has had every thing that would go on a 59 caddy striped off of it. but here is the shell of what is left go for it. you have another maybe you can make one of if 3 or 4 like this.

Attila Bethlenfalvy
12-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Consider this, right or wrong, there are enough looking for upper door frames alone that they would bring $500 each. $500 x 4 = asking price.

As an update, this coach should be picked up tomorrow. Turns out the actual owner (not CL lister) had that front clip tucked safely away in a semi trailer. This '59 is being saved from another lame Ecto clone attempt. :071:

Bill Marcy
12-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Consider this, right or wrong, there are enough looking for upper door frames alone that they would bring $500 each. $500 x 4 = asking price.

As an update, this coach should be picked up tomorrow. Turns out the actual owner (not CL lister) had that front clip tucked safely away in a semi trailer. This '59 is being saved from another lame Ecto clone attempt. :071:

Wow, that sounds great!

John ED Renstrom
12-02-2012, 02:22 PM
that is good news. now I'm not saying that the parts on this cor would not bring the money or that if I had it I would not have it up at auction. to me it's like bottled water I just can't see it. the front bumper alone would be bring that kind of money. I know were 2 of them are. glad there are people out there with a interest in them it adds fun and excitement to the hobby.

Darren Bedford
12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote: Originally Posted by Darren Bedford

Worth the money people !
Darren

Paul wrote:

Paul...

Just to let you know, the last 3 cars I bought have been 1800, 3100 and 4100miles away from me.

The car that was 3100 miles away... I drove it home !

I drove down to look at the car 1800 miles away, there and back making it a 3600 mile trip so I didn't buy it sight-unseen.

It is actually 2425 miles away, not the 1500 miles you assumed.

Being none running (no engine) and likely in a none rolling condition making it none transportable, it would cost me more to go get it than its selling price.
At 4000.00+, I would, and have, left it there.

If it was in Winsor ON (as in, closer to me) I would have made plans to go get it.

As Attila as mentioned already, there is a lot more money in that car parting it out than the asking price. Plus that was the asking price, not the price it sold for.

Distance isn't a problem at all for me, I LOVE ROAD TRIPS !!!
...and I take them often.
Likely 10 a year to the US alone not including the ones flying there.

Dragging or trailering a car 2500 miles isn't what I would call a trip I want to do anytime soon that also required another 2500 miles to get there first.
5000 miles, not thanks !

Attila got another outstanding car that will get into the hands of people in need.

Way to go bro !
Darren

Darren Bedford
12-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote: Originally Posted by Darren Bedford

Worth the money people !
Darren

Ed wrote:
still don't see it. says the man that can't imagine people paying a buck for a half pint for what they can get fee anywhere then take two sips of then toss. or 100 bucks a month to keep stuff they should have toss out years ago.
junk is junk people. the only reason they used one of these in the movie was because it was cheap and no one wanted them then. one grade b flick later people are scrambling just to get a look at one. this one has had every thing that would go on a 59 caddy striped off of it. but here is the shell of what is left go for it. you have another maybe you can make one of if 3 or 4 like this.

still don't see it - CLEAR AS DAY TO ME !
they should have toss out years ago - SO GLAD THEY DIDN'T !
junk is junk people - ONE MANS JUNK IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE !

Enough said,
Darren

Attila Bethlenfalvy
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Darren, I didn't buy this one nor was that intentionally implied, sorry. (Merely happy that it won't become another Ecto!) A close friend in CO did. He has multiple coaches from carved to early '70s. Only '59 previous to this represented in his collection is a Superior Pontiac high top. Within next few days I will know definitively if '57-'58 MM corner glass is the same as '59-'62 as he also owns a '58 MM ambulance. I believe they will be.

Back to today's retrieval~

http://images.craigslist.org/3If3Fd3N25L85Ga5K3cbub5ba00b58f8817bb.jpg

'59 Futura is in sadder shape than expected. Both rockers are gone and the roof has numerous dents. Windshield has cracks. No steering wheel whatsoever made loading problematic. It is a combination and rear compartment is believed intact under mounds of parts.

Not included in purchase price but also acquired today: both '59 inner and outer fenders, core support, radiator, hood, 2 grills, and 1.5 front bumpers, and a pair of rear bumper ends in better condition. Also a nice '60 hood, which upgrades his own '60 Superior hood.

Although the condition disappoints him as it was clearly misadvertised, he does realize that it was a good deal when said and done. 5+ hours of driving (each way) which included over the mountain meant he wasn't leaving empty handed. Speaking of which, same British owner has about 30 cars for sale total. Among them: '64 Superior Royale limo combination, '65 S&S Park Row combination, and '68 Superior Royale limo botch job. Will post their info separately. Property has been sold and the cars all need to go.

Darren Bedford
12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Attila

Please let me know about the rear quarter windows when you get to check them out.

Thanks,
Darren

John ED Renstrom
12-03-2012, 12:04 AM
just noticed the pair of cj5s now that starts my hart. they would be about 500 miles from me. I could run there threw grand junction and see the JFK clone. the only way to move stuff out of a old yard in a hurry is an auction. bring the crusher up, have the sell off one day. then give everyone 3 days to remove there stuff. anything left goes threw the crusher. man up here did that with about 30 years of wrecker collection on the reservation. he netted a million five in one day. then crushed about a 1/3 of the cars the next week. as a number of people only striped off what they wanted and left the rest. the key was advertising. they had people from all over descend on the place.
junk you don't need, good junk or not is still junk. but junk you need is indeed a treasure when you find it. I'm still looking for a lot of junk it just not 59 junk.