PDA

View Full Version : Important Notice About Milwaukee

Patrick J. Martin
10-24-2012, 06:15 PM
I received a most unwelcome phone call this afternoon from my meet hotel for next year's International. I'll leave out all the details, but it boils down to the hotel is closing its doors. I was told that those of you who have already made reservations will be receiving phone calls about this.

Rest assured, the Milwaukee meet WILL go on! This is just a setback, not a death sentence. Besides, the rest of the meet is already organized and contracted for! I will be going to Milwaukee right away this weekend and scouting out other possible locations. Naturally, I will notify you all as soon as new accomodations have been secured.

Patrick J. Martin

Mike Stevens
10-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Patrick,
Thank you for the post. I hope all works out on your trip to
scout a new location.
I will get my reservations in as soon as the new venue is
posted.
Again, good luck on your quest for new digs for us.
Mike

Mike Boyer
10-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Thank God they told you now !

I'm sure everything will work out

Rocky Fluegge
10-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Patrick there are lots of hotels with in about 5 miles of there. I dont think you will have a real hard time finding another to be the second choice. Dont sweat it much.

Rocky Fluegge
10-24-2012, 10:32 PM
also as big as that hotel is im sure it is being bought by another chain and will probably be open in another name by that time i would be willing to bet.

Patrick J. Martin
10-24-2012, 10:49 PM
also as big as that hotel is im sure it is being bought by another chain and will probably be open in another name by that time i would be willing to bet.

Actually, Rocky, I had a half-hour phone conversation with the hotel's convention representative when she called, and what you just said was my first thought too. She says that's not the case. She said the new owners are taking over December 22nd, that all the employees have been given their 60-day notices, and that the new owners have contracted for taking over a practically abandoned property. She said the new owners are not responding to requests for information, and said her instinct is that they are planning on knocking it down and really just wanted the land.

Steve Lichtman
10-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Patrick, I'm really sorry to hear that. Good luck getting a new venue, I'm sure some lucky hotel will be glad to have us.
(And not to be a pain, but can you check and see if our 4-legged family members are welcome too, please? That'll benefit you, too!)

Patrick J. Martin
10-25-2012, 06:27 AM
Patrick, I'm really sorry to hear that. Good luck getting a new venue, I'm sure some lucky hotel will be glad to have us.
(And not to be a pain, but can you check and see if our 4-legged family members are welcome too, please? That'll benefit you, too!)

Not being a pain at all, Steve. I'm already ahead of you on having that thought.

Wayne Krakowski
10-25-2012, 06:35 AM
I am still coming,good luck with the hunt,looking forward to meeting all..:smileflagcan:

Darren Bedford
10-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Rocky says we can all camp on his very large well kept property if there is no hotel options by the time the meet happens.

Just make sure you bring your own pillows and sheets for camping in the back of your hearses or ambulances.

Those with ambulances will be much more comfy as you have a cot and no rollers to dig into your back when sleeping. I know this from experience.

All kidding aside... THANKS FOR THE EXTRA EFFORT NOW REQUIRED TO MAKE SURE THIS MEET HAPPENS PATRICK ! I KNOW YOU WILL COME THROUGH ! YOU ARE A DEDICATED GUY.

With the other big car show in town I'm sure there are not a lot of hotel spaces left and it will be a challenge to make it happen.

All the best and call on other members to help if required Patrick.
Don't feel you need to do it all on your own !!!
We are here for you too.

Darren

:thumb:

P.S. This is for the people who made the extra work for you !
:clubem::badbad::smiley_w_ballbat::whip::14_6_20: :14_6_12: :gun2_smi:

WE WILL ALL BE IN WI FOR YOUR MEET PATRICK !!!!!

John Royark JR
10-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Rocky says we can all camp on his very large well kept property if there is no hotel options by the time the meet happens.

Just make sure you bring your own pillows and sheets for camping in the back of your hearses or ambulances.

Those with ambulances will be much more comfy as you have a cot and no rollers to dig into your back when sleeping. I know this from experience.

All kidding aside... THANKS FOR THE EXTRA EFFORT NOW REQUIRED TO MAKE SURE THIS MEET HAPPENS PATRICK ! I KNOW YOU WILL COME THROUGH ! YOU ARE A DEDICATED GUY.

With the other big car show in town I'm sure there are not a lot of hotel spaces left and it will be a challenge to make it happen.

All the best and call on other members to help if required Patrick.
Don't feel you need to do it all on your own !!!
We are here for you too.

Darren

:thumb:

P.S. This is for the people who made the extra work for you !
:clubem::badbad::smiley_w_ballbat::whip::14_6_20: :14_6_12: :gun2_smi:

WE WILL ALL BE IN WI FOR YOUR MEET PATRICK !!!!!

Rockys sounds great, but not sure how my hearse would look with a window A/C sticking out the side.

Wayne Krakowski
10-29-2012, 09:36 PM
A/C unit sticking out the side in Feb.would be tacky,in August you had better bring a bat to keep us all out...:batterUp:

Kyle Martin
11-14-2012, 10:55 AM
i was going to drive the limo if its done but the boss just told me shed go with me if we take the motorhome. my chance to go on a man-week but she had thought of that also as she told me i wouldnt be leaving here at home while i go have fun. as this was a unsolicited response from her i will be looking for a trailer big enough to haul my car with me. as i havent told here this tidbit yet she will just have to live with it as i will be bringing one of the cars with me. cant wait to get there as i was terribly disappointed when i couldnt come to florida but it all worked out for the good as she gets better(ie bitchy) ever day. as long as she complains things are getting better.now to find a place to park while there. koa or good sam will have something close im sure. cant wait. dont look forward to much anymore but the meet has me thinking like a kid at chritmas.

John Royark JR
11-14-2012, 11:36 AM
i was going to drive the limo if its done but the boss just told me shed go with me if we take the motorhome. my chance to go on a man-week but she had thought of that also as she told me i wouldnt be leaving here at home while i go have fun. as this was a unsolicited response from her i will be looking for a trailer big enough to haul my car with me. as i havent told here this tidbit yet she will just have to live with it as i will be bringing one of the cars with me. cant wait to get there as i was terribly disappointed when i couldnt come to florida but it all worked out for the good as she gets better(ie bitchy) ever day. as long as she complains things are getting better.now to find a place to park while there. koa or good sam will have something close im sure. cant wait. dont look forward to much anymore but the meet has me thinking like a kid at chritmas.

Why dont she want to ride in the limo? I know if mine gave me that choice she would be staying at home.