PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Development!

Patrick J. Martin
10-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello All!

As I'm sure you are all aware of by now, the dates for next year's International Meet in Milwaukee were chosen to coincide with the Milwaukee Masterpiece Concours d' Elegance, allowing us both to display our cars to the public as part of the Masterpiece Club Day, and also allowing members to view one of the midwest's premiere concours the following day.

Well the concours people approached me with this being their idea. During our Saturday display, they want to pick six to eight really nice cars to return the next day for a Professional Car Class in the actual concours! They asked me if the club would be in favor of this idea, and I responded with a most enthusiastic "yes"! I did, though, tell them that the decision to return the following day was up to the individual owners of the cars they pick.

I think this is a GREAT opportunity! I can think of two past concours that recognized ambulances, but to my knowledge, this will be the first time that a concours wants to recognize ALL professional cars!

So, I would REALLY like to encourage you all, but especially the car owners, to consider staying in Milwaukee for the day after our meet officially concludes. It might be YOUR car that receives a concours invitation! And if not, the worst thing that happens is that you get to visit one of the midwest's premiere automotive displays!