PDA

View Full Version : 1964 Cadilliac Ambulance - $4100 (Spanaway)

Joe Melanson
10-03-2012, 09:06 PM
1964 Cadilliac Ambulance - $4100 (Spanaway)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3285933293.html

Date: 2012-10-03, 3:04PM PDT

100 thousand miles, New Breaks,exhaust, Runs and drives well, One of a kind car, Bill 253-468-8466

Kurt Arends
10-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Why has no one bought this car yet? Seems like it would be well worth the money to me.

Russ Austin
10-03-2012, 11:39 PM
I see some hard dents, but that style looks great to me.

James Fischer
10-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong....but...is this not a 63( Royale Rescuer) ??

just looking at a couple of pictures it does not look bad.....but there is definitely something going on with that rear quarter..... looks like a few pounds of filler where the tailight housing starts...plus no trim spears on either side....Hmmmmm...:confused:
have asked for more pictures......nothing yet....

Paul Yates
10-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong....but...is this not a 63( Royale Rescuer) ??

just looking at a couple of pictures it does not look bad.....but there is definitely something going on with that rear quarter..... looks like a few pounds of filler where the tailight housing starts...plus no trim spears on either side....Hmmmmm...:confused:
have asked for more pictures......nothing yet....

Im not very hip to the names given to particular models, but she appears to my eye to indeed be a 64.

Kurt Arends
10-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Definitely a '64. The left quarter molding is no big deal. I know where there is a '63 Superior combo in a yard that would have the same moldings.

Attila Bethlenfalvy
10-04-2012, 08:13 AM
'63/'64 are indeed very close James. Three of the more noticeable quick visual indicators tell us this is a '64 (as already pointed out):

1. Rear license plate in bumper. '63 would have been in rear loading door (only year).

2. '64 fin height is shorter, '63 is taller.

3. '64 center grill bar is painted. '63 is stainless.

http://images.craigslist.org/5Ld5Ed5Jf3G53If3Jcc9k4887fa5b28361c69.jpg

As Kurt mentioned, coming up with '63/'64 Superior body molding isn't difficult. There are several parts coaches around.

John ED Renstrom
10-04-2012, 11:33 AM
but this is one more that comes up every 3 or 4 months.

James Fischer
10-04-2012, 12:59 PM
but this is one more that comes up every 3 or 4 months.

Well If the guy sends me a few more pictures..I would make him an offer and go and get it.....:thumb:

Kurt Arends
10-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I am sure that all of that red primer just makes potential buyers nervous. You would want to lay eyes on this one, but probably well worth the money.

Brendan Martin
10-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Very similar to my 63, thanks Atti for pointing out the differences. It would be nice to see this one saved.

Tim Prieur
10-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Other minor variations are:
- 63: Flat rear tail light, red lense upper half, clear lower half, front turn signal small round lense
- 64: Angled rear tail light, clear lense, with red bulb for stop/night. Front turn signal now takes up entire bezel region with larger clear lens.

(not good when you noticed the mentioned differences back when they were new).

Rick Franklin
10-05-2012, 12:39 AM
I am sure that all of that red primer just makes potential buyers nervous. You would want to lay eyes on this one, but probably well worth the money.

that could be very faded and sunbaked red too.

John ED Renstrom
10-05-2012, 11:19 AM
here is the first discussion on this one a bit ago.
http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8860&highlight=ambulance

James Fischer
10-05-2012, 11:54 AM
here is the first discussion on this one a bit ago.
http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8860&highlight=ambulance

Its funny,Ed,in the last posting (first discussion) Bill Leverett says that he recieved NO REPLY to his e-mails......well.things havent changed..I have e-mailed him several times now since the posting...and NO REPLY as yet...:(
Makes you wonder if a person really wants to sell ,or is just trolling the water to see what kind of interest he gets ??

Noah Dorsey
10-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I spoke with the seller on the phone and asked, "How is the interior?" to which he replied, "It runs and drives." My next question was, "Yes, but how is the interior?" "Crappy. The car is 50 years old." I asked if he could send me more pictures and he told me, "No, I'm done doing that." I found the whole conversation very off-putting.

Paul Newman
10-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Sounds like he dose not give a crap... Probably to many tire kickers.

Martin Harvey
10-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Since we are the most concerned group on this kind of car, how many tire kickers here got the chance to receive some interior shots when he first put the ambulance for sale?

I admit, Im a tire kicker obcessed by details, I love to see many pictures of a car; its details, interior, options, what is missing, what is included, at least it's the best way to give a value to what you try to sell !!

James Fischer
10-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Since we are the most concerned group on this kind of car, how many tire kickers here got the chance to receive some interior shots when he first put the ambulance for sale?

I admit, Im a tire kicker obcessed by details, I love to see many pictures of a car; its details, interior, options, what is missing, what is included, at least it's the best way to give a value to what you try to sell !!

I did recieve a E-mail from the seller about 3 weeks after I first responded to the ad the FIRST time.....
He also told me the ambulance is 50 years old.....what do you expect ?? HUH ??:bonk:
I told him I dont KNOW WHAT to expect...thats why I wanted more info and pictures...he replied " I dont want to talk until I am blue in the face about this buggy....and as for pictures I will try and send some more"......well it has not happened yet...and as for "buggy" what is that mean ??
Also he mentioned there is "not much" inside ...but would not elaborate...??

Steve Lichtman
10-19-2012, 09:46 PM
From all these comments, and his hesitation to send anyone photos of the interior, I think it would be safe to assume that the interior is either in pretty bad shape, or there are no interior components left at all. Plan accordingly.

If someone gets there and finds it's in better shape than terrible, then you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Geez, I have a car that's 10 years older than his (my Ambulet), and the original interior is perfect. Age doesn't make a difference, care does.

Paul Newman
10-20-2012, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=Martin Harvey;86840]Since we are the most concerned group on this kind of car, how many tire kickers here got the chance to receive some interior shots when he first put the ambulance for sale?

I totally agree with that, but he has no way of knowing that. Just sounds like he dosent care one way or another..I know i tried to sell my 60 Belvidere a couple rears ago. There was this one guy that must have called and made plans to come see it at least 10 times. every week and every time the day he was supposed to show up he would call and cancel. After a while i stopped answering his calls.

He does sound like a grumpy jerk tho.. I know i called on a checker once on an add with no pics. Seller said it was rusty... I said rusty or rotted out. He started yelling at me !!!! What the hell is the difference.... It s rusty ... rusty means rusty. I said rusty means surface rust.... Rot holes mean you can but your hand threw the holes... He calmed down and said it was rotten then hung up.... Some people should not even bother selling stuff if they cant deal with answering simple qwestions... wow

ok i am done ranting...:1062::1062::1062:

John Royark JR
10-20-2012, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Martin Harvey;86840]Since we are the most concerned group on this kind of car, how many tire kickers here got the chance to receive some interior shots when he first put the ambulance for sale?

I totally agree with that, but he has no way of knowing that. Just sounds like he dosent care one way or another..I know i tried to sell my 60 Belvidere a couple rears ago. There was this one guy that must have called and made plans to come see it at least 10 times. every week and every time the day he was supposed to show up he would call and cancel. After a while i stopped answering his calls.

He does sound like a grumpy jerk tho.. I know i called on a checker once on an add with no pics. Seller said it was rusty... I said rusty or rotted out. He started yelling at me !!!! What the hell is the difference.... It s rusty ... rusty means rusty. I said rusty means surface rust.... Rot holes mean you can but your hand threw the holes... He calmed down and said it was rotten then hung up.... Some people should not even bother selling stuff if they cant deal with answering simple qwestions... wow

ok i am done ranting...:1062::1062::1062:

I agree. Ones persons slight rust may be anothers severe rust, or vise versa. I dont see why they would get mad answering simple questions.